Distribution Solutions Group, Inc.
June 1, 2022
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore, it is recommended that you do not disable cookies. In some instances, you may be prompted dynamically, upon or upon use of a feature, if a certain cookie can be saved and enabled, or if you accept to enable some or all cookies. We will only implement a dynamic link if required by a third-party site.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence and easier form filling.
- Greeter cookies
This cookie will recognize you when you enter the website and help you log in with your sign-in ID and password.
- Shopping Basket cookies
As part of some websites, this cookie will remember the items placed in a cart or on a wish list. This cookie may also lead to a patterned search on the website.
- Personal Shopper cookies
Running local algorithms, these first-party cookies may monitor your preferences and offer recommendations on other items, for example suggest complementary items (e.g., a bolt ordered, a nut suggested).
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics® or an equivalent one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. This information may also be used as part of a Customer Research Management (CRM) system.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Twitter®; Facebook® and Instagram® or the like, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
- Chat-box pop-ups from third party sites, for example discussion with an AI bot may add a cooking to your interaction to keep track of the demand. Such a cooking will normally be erased when you leave the chat function or close the browser.
- Ad-retargeting services may also create cooking to collect code to store internet history, browsing history and generating ads targeting for the browser. While we plan to avoid the use of such cookies, some may residually be present.
In the event you find cookies which are not listed above (e.g., shady cookies or hacking cookie), we kindly ask that you contact us at the link below. Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. It is important to note that without strictly necessary cookies, services like shopping baskets and e-billing may not be available. If you have disabled such cookies and want these services, we suggest you change the above settings or contact us for more information at the link below.
However, if you are still looking for more information than you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
By visiting this link: https://distributionsolutionsgroup.com/contact/