Distribution Solutions Group, Inc.
June 1, 2022
What personal information do we collect?
- When ordering, surfing, browsing, downloading or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience, such as, for example payment or credit card information. We only collect information you provide to us directly and do not crawl or use your own pre-installed cookies to collect any PII.
When do we collect information?
- We may collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, order one or more products or services or enter information on our site.
How may we use your information?
We may use the information entered by you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- We may disclose your Personal Data internally and with other companies that are affiliated with or controlled by us in order to provide and improve the Services, for marketing purposes, develop new products and Services, ensure quality control, or other legitimate business interests (including fraud prevention or compliance with legal obligations). We may also share your PII with our select business partners with whom we are engaging in collaborative co-branded promotional or marketing programs. We invite you to visit the website of such business partners to understand the nature and extent of their use of any disclosed Personal Data.
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We do not need an SSL because we don’t ask for personal info other than name, email address and phone number – excluding commercial information.
- We do not sell your phone number to third-party vendors and are not responsible for any verbal or text solicitation therefrom.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information including your phone number.
- We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
- Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously but may not be given access to order forms.
- You can change or remove your personal information by emailing us at the email address provided below.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
- It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act) & European Children Tracking
- When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old (or 16 in Europe), the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control.
- We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old and any or all of advertising or color use is unrelated thereto.
- We do not let third parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from non-adults.
Fair Information Practices
- The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information. We invite you to do so online.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days.
- We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle.
- The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to adhere, when possible, to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We only retain the PII collected from you for as long as your account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with Legal Requirements, to resolve disputes, and/or enforce our agreements as follows:
- Any backups of the contents of closed or deleted accounts may be kept for three (3) months after date of closure or deletion
- Billing information is retained for a period of seven (7) years as of their provision to us
- In accordance with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) S.C. 2010, c. 23, the process of account set-up is considered an express opt-in of solicitation efforts and users understand the identity of senders is inherently made clear via the branded services offered. We endeavor to offer in Canada single-click opt-out modes to unsubscribe to any promotional message. Such procedure is also in effect in Europe under Directive 2002/58/EC and 2003/58/EC – Amended 68/151/EEC. Such procedure is also in effect in Europe under the Spam Act of 2003.
Distribution Solutions Group, Inc.
8770 West Bryn Mawr, Suite 900
Chicago, IL 60631